Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 20-Your views on drugs and alcohol

Alcohol-In moderation it's great.  I love a good glass of wine paired with a nice meal or sitting and chatting with friends.  I love to sit with just Curt and have a glass or two to unwind once in a while.  Champagne is a great choice for special occasions.  I love the bubbly, fizziness of it tingling my nose.  Mix drinks are fun and best of all quite tasty, but again moderation is key. 

I don't like the smell, and I don't like anything that burns.  If it smells AND burns....you can keep it away!  I don't drink to get drunk.  I can't stand the feeling of being out of control.  I did it a few times when I was too young to know better, and well, I know better now.  It's much more fun to have a few drinks, enjoy the people your are with and not wake up feeling like the undead.  I just don't see the point.

I also am FIRMLY against drinking and driving!  I have a rule at our house, if you drink you stay.  Plan to hand over your keys because you won't be leaving until morning.  Unless you live in walking distance, and I do mean a few houses away, not a few miles, you stay or you don't drink, or call a cab or a sober buddy, but at my house you play by my rules.  I don't have many but the ones I do have I am firm on.

Drugs-I am against.  If they are illegal, they have been deemed that way for a reason.  If they are RX and not yours, GET YOUR OWN!  If you cannot get your own, you shouldn't be taking it. 

Illegal drugs are a HUGE no,no with me.  Don't do them around me, don't bring them around me, don't discuss them with me, if I find out you use them you can bet your butt I will do everything in my power to get you to stop and/or get you help to stop.  There is no excuse in my book.  If you ever bring them to my house, or around my child you can guarantee you will no longer be invited back until you get help.  Don't EVER put my family in jeopardy because of your selfishness!  I will not apologize for sounding harsh, I feel strongly about this.

Prescription drugs, if they are yours and used as directed they can be life saving at their best.  I believe strongly that prescriptions used correctly are a wonderful creation.  Used incorrectly however they can have detrimental effects.  It doesn't matter if someone is abusing their own prescriptions, or someone else's, it's always going to be dangerous and lead down a road of destruction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment