Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 14-A hero that has let you down (letter)

This one is really hard for me.  If you asked me to write about someone or more than one person who has been a hero to me, I could do that without hesitation.  Writing about someone I considered a hero who let me down is more difficult.  The people in my life whom I have truly needed have always been there for me when push comes to shove.  If you are looking for a sob story about someone who let me down and ruined my life, and how I have never been the same because of it, I'm sorry but you will just have to find another blog for that.

This is about the truth.  The truth is that everyone has let downs in their lives, but I have never had one so traumatic that it effected me enough that I need to digress about it now.  Some people consider sports figures heroes and are let down when they retire, or make fools of themselves, some people consider singers, actors, models and the like to be their heroes.  I never have, and I don't intend to start now.  Those people are all great in their own right, but they are not my heroes.

My heroes are people like my parents who have always been there for me even when I wasn't a very "likable" person, or when I needed some "tough love" instead of a bail out.  They were also right there to bail me out when that's what I needed too.

People like my husband who has been by my side for nearly 9 years through more bad than good, but never misses an opportunity to tell me how much he loves me, how beautiful I am, or what a great wife I am.  Even when I'm not being any of those things.

People like my son, for the simple fact that he makes me want to wake up every morning, that he brings a smile to my face everyday, and that he is the light of my life.

People like my friends, new and old.  The ones who have supported me in the past, who are supporting me and and who will continue to support me for the unforeseen future.  Those who have laughed with me, cried with me, and bitched with me.  The ones who answer my questions, even when they know I may not like the honest answer.  Those friends, you know who you are.

People like the soldiers I met, and the ones I look forward to meeting.  The ones who are laying their lives on the line everyday to protect our freedom, our liberty and our purist of happiness.  The ones who don't think twice about running toward the bullets, bombs and grenades, but are suddenly shy the moment a stranger stops them to say "Thank you" for their service.

Those people are my heroes.  They are the ones who will not and do not let you down.  So, I am sorry this is not on par with the way it was supposed to be, but this is my blog, so I am adjusting as I see fit.  I hope you are not disappointed not to see a sob story, but I think this ends up being a much better read.

No comments:

Post a Comment