Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 10-Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn't know

I have worked very hard recently to get the toxic people out of my life.  If you have read the rest you know who the main toxic people were.  At this point in my life I am happy to report that the are few if any toxic people in my life.  If there are any, they are people that simply have to remain in my life, if you get my drift.  In this respect they are not so much toxic, but more of an occasional pain.

I can say there are not any people currently in my life or that have passed through my life that I wish I didn't know.  I have said it before and I will say it again.  I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and there is a reason for everything.  I believe everyone currently in my life and everyone that has passed through my life has been for a reason.  Whether for a lesson, for comfort, for friendship, or for another unknown reason, there is always a reason, it just may not be know to me.

I do find that hindsight is 20/20 and I tend to learn more after the fact than I do during the actual encounters.  I also find that I am much more open to the lessons of life now than I was when I had toxic people blocking my views.  I am still figuring out who I am and how to be the best me I can be, but it is a lot easier when I am making my own decisions and leading my own way instead of following someone else, toxic or not.  I won't be following anyone anymore, but I will be by my husbands side all the way, just as I know he will be by mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment