Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 27- What's the best thing going for you right now?

Day 27- What's the best thing going for you right now?

I have a lot going for me right now.  I know I would not have said the same thing this time last year, but this is a whole new life we are living now.  It amazes me how much has changed in such a short time.  I have tons of amazing people in my life, from my family and friends that I see day to day, to a support system of Army wives, fiances and girlfriends, some I have met and some I have yet to meet, but all who I couldn't do this without.  I have a job I love, that is also allowing me the flexibility to take care of my son while Curt is training.  I have an amazing kid who meets the challenges of his dad being gone with great character and wonderful charisma, and I have a husband training his heart out to serve and protect our freedom, our country and all of our families. I have a marriage that after 7 years is better than ever, and although I never once pictured this would be my life at any age, I am happier at 30 than I have ever been.

So when I'm asked what the best thing I have going for me is, I cannot simply pick one.  They are all part of a bigger picture.  You see, without one I would not have the other, and so on.  So if you want to look st the bigger picture, the Army has brought most of this into our lives, or it has accentuated the positive things we already had.  Yet I am not saying the Army is to get all the credit here.  We made this decision together, it is the path we chose, I am simply saying it was the right path for us at the right time in our lives and I believe that all of the good things coming from that decision are proof of that.  I've said it before and I'll say it here again.  Everything happens for a reason.  

No matter what though, the best thing going for me will always and forever be my family.  Nothing will ever top that!

No comments:

Post a Comment