Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Army Givith....

...And The Army Taketh Away

I am eternally grateful for everything the Army has given us.  There isn't a day that goes by that I am not in awe of how different our lives are and how truly blessed we are to have what we have, live the way that we do and continue to receive more and more with each passing day.  I can honestly say without a doubt the biggest blessing we have come across are the people who started off as mere acquaintances, turned friends who we now consider family.

This ever growing family of ours may have no blood relation, but the ties that bind us are forever tightening and holding us together.  It doesn't matter how many miles are put between us, I promise to watch these babies grow, I promise to spoil them with all the love I have in my heart, I promise that through my tears I'm smiling because I know deep down this is what's best for you and your family.  I promise to miss you everyday.  I promise to stay in touch, and I promise I'll suck at it, but when we talk it'll be like no time has passed at all.  I promise I'll love you still and we will meet again some day.  This Army is a small world, and if I don't see you in here...I'll find you somewhere, you're family.

So to all my family that the Army is taking or has taken, or will someday take, I miss you, I love you and don't think just because you're PCSing to Ft PoDunkNowhere means you're off the hook.  It takes a whole lot more than a few miles to come between us.  Stay safe where ever you are, you mean something to everyone, and everything to someone!

All My Love Xoxo,
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment