Sunday, May 20, 2012

On My Way

I'm on my way to making my goals that I set, little by little.  They may not seem like much to most, but to me they are life changing.  These are these goals I set for myself on May 8th.  That date happens to be the 1 year anniversary from when we moved here to Ft. Bragg.  It's hard sometimes to believe we have been here a year already, and other times it feels like this is the only life I've ever known.  Anyway, back on track.

Goals:
  • Focus on family
  • Focus on getting back to me
  • Blog once a week or more
  • Work out 4-5 times a week
  • Loose weight 
  • Read  
Of those goals I have managed to hit most, now 2 weeks later.  I have been able to focus on my family and myself.  I have been able to get to the gym for the last 7 straight days and I have lost 2.5 lbs in that time.  I have not yet cracked open a book, and I missed posting a blog last week.  Hey, 3 out of 5 ain't bad!  Especially when those 3 are the most focused on getting back to me and my family.

I've had a lot TON of encouragement and motivation from family and friends.  Gunnar even plays his DS at the gym if I can't go while he's in school and he tells me he's proud of me!  That right there makes it all worth it.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't enjoy working out, and I don't know that I will ever get to that point (quite frankly I'm sure I won't) but I enjoy how I feel after and I already like the results.  The elliptical machine is my nemesis.  When I started a week and a half ago I could barely do 2 minutes.  Today I was up to 20 with a 4 minute cool down.  Again, not fun per say, put when I see the calories burned after 20 minutes on that machine verses 20 minutes on the bike....I make it happen.  

Then one of the best things for me has been an app for my phone that a friend showed me.  It's called My Fitness Pal.  I can track everything, and I do mean everything.  I can track my workouts  and I can track every bite of food that goes in my mouth.  You can even put in the caloric intake for your own recipes based on what you put in them.  I can even track my water intake for the day.  You can add friends, and comment on their progress.  You can track your weight and measurements.  I'm a very visual person, so this really puts this in perspective for me.

So all in all I think I'm doing pretty well.  I'll try to crack open a book this eek, but no promises, I'm still pretty busy and this week is no different.  I will do my best to post another blog before the end of the week, because writing is not only my outlet but my passion.  For those of you that read this, I thank you for sticking with me through the good and the bad.  This blog is supposed to be about victories big and small, so that is what I'm getting back to.

It's a roller coaster life, so lets put our hands in the air and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment