Friday, November 26, 2010

Jumping on the blogging band wagon....

That's right, you read correctly, I'm jumping on the blogging band wagon, and I think it's about time!  I'm actually doing this for a few reasons.  Writing has always been therapeutic for me, and now seems to be a great time to start back up.  I also wanted a way to chronicle the changes that have been taking place in my life.  This seemed like an opportune way to do both.  I am writing for myself, but I would love to hear your opinion if you choose to follow or just stop in now and then. 

As the title "Small Victories and a Little More Life to Live" suggests, I am writing this with the intention of having a more positive spin on my posts.  For those of you who don't already know, Curtis is currently in basic training for the Army.  He left 2 and 1/2 weeks ago and in that short time I have learned quite a bit about myself.  The person I was, the person I am becoming, and the person I want to be.  In the mean time I have been counting the days by my "small victories" rather than "minor defeats" as I once would have.  Sometimes a victory is as small as getting the trash or the recycling to the curb BEFORE I get in the car and realize that everyone else has their can out and I don't have mine out.  Other times it's simply making it to pick up Gunnar at 5:50pm instead of 5:58pm. 

Whatever it may be on any given day, I am choosing to look at each day in a different way.  I want to find the small victory in everyday.  I want to live life a little more each day and find the joy in all I do.  When my husband comes home, I want him to come home to the person he fell in love with, not the person he's been living with recently.  He made a huge sacrifice for our family, and I intend to show him that although I cannot make the same exact sacrifice he has, I can make sacrifices for him and our family, and I can be a better, stronger person to stand beside him on this journey.

So this is me, changing, growing, finding the small victories in everyday life and living life a little more.  I hope that you will do the same. 



No comments:

Post a Comment